Boys Basketball CIF Division 4A Semi-final Highlights

Alec Fields, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The Firehawks are moving on to the CIF Division 4A championship afte beating Mary Star 58-43 in tbe division semifinals.

Leading 36-34 going into the fourth quarter, they pulled away by attacking the basket, getting to the line and making their free throws while playing lockdown defense.

Eitan Halpert led all scorers with 22 points.

Next up: Championship against Milken, Wednesday at 7:00 at Crespi High School.

Meet the Writer
Alec Fields, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Since freshman year, Alec Fields has written numerous stories for the Community, Torah, Features, Outside News, Sports and Arts and Culture sections.  In 10th grade, Alec received the post of Torah editor and held that position until being named co-Editor-in-Chief for the 2016-2017 school year. He has received awards for, "SUMMER OF WAR: Hollywood, too, was divided," “Refusing Playoff Suspension, Buckley Resigns,” “OUT OF THE SHADOWS: Ancient tradition meets modern sensibility,” and for “Rabbi who sauna-ed with students in New York was scholar-in-residence at Beth Jacob on Shavuot.”  Alec is co-captain of Model Congress, co-president of the Finance Club, a founder of Supplies on Demand, a member of the Mock Trial team, Firehawks for Israel, tennis team and grappling club.  Some of his favorite classes are Political Theory of Modern Middle East, Psychology, and Government and Economics.  When Alec has time he enjoys playing or watching sports, reading the news and managing his fantasy football team.