New year, new looks

• CREATIVITY WITHIN THE CODE: Fashion provides an avenue for students to express their individuality within the parameters of Shalhevet’s dresscode. While the rules may seem restrictive, pops of color and eye-catching patterns, as well as various styles of skirts, pants, or shirts, allow for a wide range of diverse outfits.

• BROTHERLY LOVE: Senior and freshman brothers Dylan and Dallas Corn wore matching printed button downs. They opted for a more playful vibe through the donut pattern and purposeful twinning.

BP Photo by Neima Fax

• FLORAL: Junior Maia Lefferman channeled her inner bohemian chic when she selected a babydoll-style blue floral dress. She kept her vibe comfortable by pairing it with a sandals and socks look.

BP Photo by Zoey Botnick

• STATEMENT: Senior Hannah Merritt paired a maroon A-line skirt with white shirt with black stripes from Romwe, shoes from Zappos and suspenders from Amazon. The simple color combination was purposeful given that Hannah wanted to “showcase the suspenders.

BP Photo by Neima Fax

• COLORFUL: Junior Jacob Lefkowitz Brooks styled an avant-garde look by pairing plaid pants with a polo from the same color scheme. He wore a red fabric button-down shirt from Zara and plaid pants from Topman, along with Jordan 1 “Kumquats” for shoes. A refreshing ensemble compared to the classic monochromatic looks of most everybody else.

BP Photo by Neima Fax

By Tobey Lee, Features Editor, and Sadie Toczek, Social Media Editor

Aug. 29 was a day to see and be seen while getting acclimated to school again. Some students were low-key about it, while others took the opportunity to dress particularly stylishly with bright colors and eye-popping designs. Here are some of Shalhevet’s best-dressed students on the first day of 2018- 19.

Welcome back to fashion!