Fire truck arrives on campus after alarm goes off, cause is unknown

BP Photo by Sarah Elspas

QUESTIONS: As students watched, members of the Los Angeles Fire Department conferred outside the Annex Thursday morning, Oct. 31. No cause for the alarm had been found as of Thursday afternoon.

By Tamar Willis, Deputy Editor-in-Chief

Executive Director Robyn Lewis said that the Los Angeles Fire Department and school officials were not able to find the cause for the alarm that went off Thursday morning.

She mentioned that there was a smell that could be from the electrical air conditioning units in the building, but that the firefighters could not pinpoint the cause.

A fire truck arrived on campus around 8:45 am on Oct. 31 after the alarm went off in the annex about 10 minutes before.  Classes evacuated the building immediately, and firefighters entered the building to check for a cause but could not find one.

“We did not ever find out the cause for the alarm.  Sorry.  False alarms happen in all facilities,” Mrs. Lewis wrote in an email to the Boiling Point to follow up on the cause.

FIREHAWK: A fire truck arrived on campus around 8:45 Thursday morning.  The cause for the alarm is unknown, according to Executive Director Robyn Lewis.
FIREHAWK: A fire truck arrived on campus around 8:45 Thursday morning. The cause for the alarm is unknown, according to Executive Director Robyn Lewis.