Natalie Williams moving to Maimonides

Emilie Benyowitz

Zev Hurwitz, Editor-in-Chief

In what some are calling an even trade, Mrs. Natalie Williams will be leaving to become Director of Student Life at Maimonides Academy next year. Student Activities coordinator since 2008, Mrs. Williams will essentially be flip-flopping with Maimonides’ Katerina Malikov, who is coming full-time to Shalhevet as Math De

partment chair in the fall. A March 21 email to parents and faculty

from Board of Directors president Larry Gill commended Mrs. Williams for her achievements at Shalhevet, which included teaching Tanach and Israel guidance as well as leading Jewish activities.

“Natalie has been a fixture at the forefront of Shalhevet’s student life,” read the e-mail. “May Natalie go mechayil el-chayil, from strength to strength.”

Mrs. Williams, known to most students simply as Natalie, has planned many events for students, including shabbatonim, Project Frumway, and this year’s highly regarded “Chanu-cafe,” a café-style take on the December holiday, which she planned with Judaic Studies teacher Raizie Weissman. She says she will miss the students with whom she built relationships, but isn’t going far.

“It’s important for me to keep in touch with these students and spend Shabbat with them,” Mrs. Williams said. “I always look forward to coming to work here. It’s a positive working environment.”

Meet the Writer
Zev Hurwitz, Editor-in-Chief Emeritus

After serving as Editor-in-Chief of the Boiling Point in 2010-11 school year, Zev went on to UC San Diego where he was Editor-in-Chief of the campus paper, The Guardian.  He is currently the Goldman Bridge ACCESS Fellow of the American Jewish Committee in Los Angeles.

At the Boiling Point, Zev served as Opinion Editor and Torah Editor before taking over as EIC.  He played varsity basketball at Shalhevet and also served as chair of the Just Community's Constructive Consequences Committee.