Shalhevet news online: When we know it, you'll know it
Back to Article
Back to Article

David Edwards elected new Agenda chair; Klores and Rubel will lead Fairness

DEMOCRACY: Newly elected Agenda Chair David Edwards, center, said at today’s candidate debate that he would “revise and revive” the school constitution and start an Agenda Instagram. Defeated candidates were Maya Tochner, this year’s vice chair, and Noah Hertzberg.

BP Photo by Zoey Botnick

BP Photo by Zoey Botnick

BP Photo by Zoey Botnick

May 7, 2019

Here are the results of today’s Just Community Elections. The Boiling Point observed the counting of ballots.

Voting was by computer, and voters were asked to rank all candidates in order of preference. In all, 258 ballots were cast.

An “instant runoff’ program was consulted on races with more than two candidates. It made no difference in the outcome of the Agenda Chair race, but clarified the results of other races.   

Agenda Committee

Chair: David Edwards

Vice Chair: Kate Orlanski

Secretary: Jack Sanders

Fairness Committee

Chairs: Joseph Klores and Evan Rubel

Secretary: Henry Fried

Student Activities Committee (SAC)

Chairs: Caroline Edry, Ari Schlacht and Gabby Lasry

Vice chair: Shani Menna and Hannah Poltorak

Secretary: Liad Machmali

SAC Referenda:

Community approved the proposal to have two vice-chairs of SAC

Community approved the proposal to have three co-chairs of SAC

Meet the Writer
Clara Sandler, Co-Editor-in-Chief
Clara Sandler served as Community Editor, Sports Editor, Torah Editor and Staff Writer before becoming Co-Editor-in-Chief during her senior year. Clara is also co-captain of the Model UN team, is very involved in AIPAC and Firehawks for Israel, and attends the monthly Women’s Luncheon. Outside of school, she reads Harry Potter and watches too much The Office, Mamma Mia and CNN.