Jacob Feitelberg

Jacob Feitelberg, Deputy Editor-in-Chief

Jacob Feitelberg has been a part of Boiling Point since his sophomore year. He originally started by reporting on Color War as a staff writer and then wrote for other sections, including as Outside News and Torah, eventually becoming Outside News Editor for the 2016-17 school year, and now Deputy Editor-in-Chief.  Jacob enjoys listening to classical music and rock music, reading, playing violin, skiing and coding.

All content by Jacob Feitelberg

By Jacob Feitelberg, Deputy Editor-in-Chief
May 16, 2018

New tax plan includes benefits private school benefits The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which takes effect this...

In contentious classroom, seeking out a definition of anti-semitism

May 15, 2018

No, this is not a mini-mester on how to be anti- semitic. Dr. Naya Lekht, a visiting professor at Cal State Long Beach and a research...

THE NINE: Short reviews of the 2018 Best Picture nominees

Below are short reviews of all nine movies nominated in the Best Picture category of this year's Academy Awards...

Former Apple Store ‘genius’ is new director of technology

By Jacob Feitelberg, Senior Editor 
December 6, 2017
Newly staffing Shalhevet’s “genius bar” -- the tech station on the second floor where students can charge their devices and get help with Schoology -- is a former genius at an actual Apple Store, Mr. Nick Parsons, new Director of Technology.
Tech head Robie Gruenfeld, smiling presence who was tight with students, leaves after three years

Tech head Robie Gruenfeld, smiling presence who was ‘tight with students’, leaves after three years

December 3, 2017
Another change in the technology department at Shalhevet was announced this week, with the departure of Information Technology Associate and Academic Support Technician Mr. Robert Gruenfeld — known as “Robie” (rhymes with Coby) amongst the students and faculty.
Sunday SAT now being given at Shalhevet

Sunday SAT now being given at Shalhevet

November 20, 2017

After 25 years of trekking to locations as far away as Woodland Hills and Willowbrook, for the first time students took...

Table Talk - The Opioid Crisis and Uber Under Investigation

Table Talk – The Opioid Crisis and Uber Under Investigation

November 14, 2017

Opioid Crisis to be Declared National Emergency Last Thursday, Oct. 26, President Trump announced that he was instructing the...

TABLE TALK: Health care fight and North Korea topped news over the summer

September 18, 2017

Health care repeal stifled after summer of effort by Republicans The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, is proving...

THREAT: Alumnus Nathaniel Kukurudz 11, now in a joint graduate program of the London School of Economics and Sciences Po University in Paris, said France is no longer safe for Jews. His family left France in 2003 when Jean-Marie Le Pen made it into the presidential runoff; newly elected President Emmanuel Macron defeated Le Pens daughter, Marine, in a runoff May 7.

French Jews abroad say election of Macron won’t stop more from leaving

By Jacob Feitelberg, Outside News Editor
June 4, 2017

France's election of Emmanuel Macron as president May 7 was greeted with relief by Shalhevet's French-American families, but they...

PACKED: Protesters filled in the streets and sidewalks in front of Bradley International Terminal as police tried to control the crowds.

Spontaneous protests at LAX as ban on travelers from seven Muslim countries leads to nationwide detentions

January 30, 2017

Students flying back to LAX from semester break Sunday arrived to see thousands of protesters gathered there in opposition to...

Shalhevet students say why they voted for Trump

December 18, 2016

When President-elect Donald Trump won 91-84 in Shalhevet’s mock election Nov. 8, many thought people had voted for him as a...

INSPIRING: Israeli President Shimon Peres, zl, died Sept. 27 at the age of 93.  He was remembered at Shalhevet for building Israels defense while pursuing peace agreements. Peace in the Middle East was the goal of his life, said Hebrew teacher Ms. Mickey Rabinov.

School remembers Peres for heart, poetry, devotion to peace

By Jacob Feitelberg, Outside New Editor
October 25, 2016

Shimon Peres, who died last Tuesday, tried to be a unifier – even in Los Angeles. In March 2012, Israel’s elder statesman...

SAR: Shalhevets LaHav Talmud curriculum is being used by the ninth grade at Salanter-Akiba-Riverdale Academy in Riverdale, N.Y.

LaHav Talmud curriculum now spreading to more schools

October 18, 2016

Shalhevet’s pioneering LaHav Talmud curriculum is starting to catch on around the world, with three U.S. schools adopting parts...

New Science Chair wants classes to do real research

October 12, 2016

New Science Department Chair Mr. Ayden Jacob plans to move the department away from tests and lectures and towards labs and projects....

Democrat? Clara Sandler made phone calls from the Hound Dog Hot Dog Shop.

Republican student campaigns for Clinton

October 11, 2016

Over the summer, sophomore Clara Sandler worked for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, making 176 phone calls over two weeks...

RELATABLE: Mrs. Tsaidi hopes to get to know every freshman and sophomore girl.

New teacher for a new role: ‘Rakezet’ Mrs. Tsaidi

September 7, 2016
Ninth- and tenth-grade girls will have Mrs. Carolyn Tsaidi as a spiritual guide-counselor, or rakezet, this year.
NOT YET: The student parking lot on San Vicente (left) will still be occupied by Alliance Residential complex next year.  Construction site is at right.

Over summer, school to increase classrooms and fix plumbing; student parking lot will still be unavailable

By Jacob Feitelberg, Staff Writer
June 14, 2016
As with any new construction, there are still a few problems unresolved in Shalhevet’s new building as its first year of classes ends this week.
PROTECT: Pete Pietry watches at gate. He is one of four new security guards part of the security group.

Change of pace for new security head who was embassy guard in Iraq

By Jacob Feitelberg, Staff Writer
May 3, 2016

On April 6, Shalhevet stepped it up a notch with their security. To replace former Director of Security Manny Fernandez, the school...

Load More Stories